Oct 3 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
How do we escape the economic trappings of western consumerism to live just lives of simplicity, generosity and hospitality while being aware of our responsibilities to others in our local community and the wider world?This practical workshop will draw upon local experiences to explore how we can:
- live within our fair share of the world's resources and limits;
- respond to poverty and inequality with radical generosity;
- live restoratively through sacrificial relationships;
- use our power to speak prophetically to our churches and wider society in order to cultivate a healthier relationship between God, people and creation.
Apr 8 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Call to Living Sustainably and its impact on Community, Fellowship and Mission.
Contemporary Christianity’s theme for 2017 is: “Just Living in a Post-Truth World.” Join us for a half-day seminar to explore the inter-connectedness of concern for the poor, concern for creation, stewardship of the earth’s resources, and the transformative potential of the Christian commitment to these principles in this “post-truth” era. Contributors include:
We learn from our gardens to deal with the most urgent question of the time: How much is enough?
- Prof. John Barry (QUB
- Jonny Hanson (Jubilee)
- David Smyth (Evangelical Alliance)